Ok, I have 200 posts in this thread. I was stated over a year back. Thanks for anyone consulted me and observed where my Pilot Acoustic Systems took me. At this point, when the MiniMe result has settled to my satisfaction and when I am not going to change anything with my Pilot Systems MiniMe (because I like what it does) I would like to take a sober view to Sound that MiniMe offers, not even to the sound itself bun to the lessons the MiniMe teaches. The lessons are enumerated without any particular order, just as they came to my head. Despite that MiniMe is not serious speaker but the MiniMe lessons are no so laughable.
1) Do you remember that ‘Romy the Cat’ have always insisted that in ANY playback the LF source must be outside the horizontal plane of MF source? Oh, boy - he was very much right! Playing with HF sound fields coming from the low-pass slope of bass channels it is possible to write amassing tricks into the presentation of sound.
2) Glory to the mighty Utopia TN51 tweeter! It is not perfect tweeter but in dynamics it beats anything out there. The stinky MiniMe with around sub 89dB sensitively holds its own very confidently in perception of dynamic against 109dB sensitive Macondo. Switching between the Macondo and the Macondo’s pilot there is no annoying dynamic drops.
3) Fuck the ports under 100Hz of they have resonance lover then the driver resonance. Again.
4) Only infinite/sealed baffle can develop bass at low dynamic levels
5) If your loudspeaker has no dedicated upperbass cheval then you have crappy upperbass where the noise from the MF and midbass just smog out the “primary frequencies”.
6) If you do not do anything special with speaker's tone then your speaker has no tone.
7) Bass time-misalignment might be very effectively used as “pressure front” generator.
8) The “single worst” thing in today’s acoustic systems that I described in here:
…is the single worst. The MiniMe use it to a full extend to substitute natural dynamic with UFH responses that give a feeling of “fake loudness”. From this stand point MiniMe is not different from most of today loudspeaker and it has very much similar to Magico/Kharma type of sound.
9) When a speaker is shifty all together but properly balance by “hearing” then it does not sound annoying
10) No half-ass speakers can play symphonic music at a level of serious demands
11) The small speakers are fun.
Anyhow, the MiniMe is a freak of nature is away. After my monumental failure with anything that I initially scoped for MiniMe the recent revision of MiniMe was made not my intellect but by intuition – it is like cooking a soup, adding the ingredients into water, tasting it and to go with the flow of whatever is needed. Surprisingly I did not make any single measurement of recent MiniMe – probably I need to do it. It sound file as is, however.
The bigger picture – where is MiniMe in the scale of the absolute results? Well, trust me it is deep in ass and if you invite me in your home and demonstrate the MiniMe-type sound then I would consider the tripe as a waste of my time, unless you feed me. The MiniMe TTH characteristic is garbage and if you ask me to criticize it then you would hear a lot of crude adjectives. Still, I am pleased with the recent MiniMe. The MiniMe is not a standalone solution but rather Macondo Pilot System and listing Macondo and then switch sound to MiniMe one might understand what I was as trying to accomplish. The MiniMe is a way a Macondo’s dildo and does what is meant to do. To my surprise and satisfaction the have similar sound (by natural and surrogate means) and it feels that I do not have two acoustic systems in my room. THAT was the very initial goal and that what it does very well in my view.Rgs, Romy the Cat
"I wish I could score everything for horns." - Richard Wagner. "Our writing equipment takes part in the forming of our thoughts." - Friedrich Nietzsche