| Search | Login/Register
   Home » Analog Playback» Holly Proscenium idiocy! (24 posts, 2 pages)
  Print Thread | 1st Post |  
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) Select Pages:  1 2 »
07-28-2011 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Romy the Cat


Boston, MA
Posts 9,545
Joined on 05-27-2004

Post #: 1
Post ID: 16726
Reply to: 16726
Holly Proscenium idiocy!
fiogf49gjkf0d

The idiots write the things and have are clueless what the write. It is time for another manufacture to remind that he is still alive and to initiate another round of cash collection for his customers. How they do it? Of cause by introduction of a new irrelevant modal number. The times when hi-end companies changed the chassis screw heard from flat to Philips and to introduce it as the “revolution in audio” have pasted.   You think it passed? Think again.

Walker audio have introduce a new Proscenium Black Diamond III Turntable.

http://www.walkeraudio.com/Proscenium.html

“We had no intention of upgrading or changing the Proscenium Black Diamond II turntable.  It is already considered one of the best in the world.  We thought we had achieved the pinnacle of analog playback possibilities.  We were wrong.  Over the years, we have continued to improve different aspects of the Proscenium turntable.  One area of the turntable had remained essential unchanged was the turntable air suspension chambers – the chambers that support the weight of the turntable and isolate it from the equipment rack.  We began to experiment with ways to use lower pressure in the turntable air suspension chambers as a way of extending the life of the air chamber pods.  We didn’t expect the dramatic effect that a separate isolated air supply using lower pressures would have on the sound.   The result was amazing.  We found the perfect pressure for isolation, rigidity and resonance control.  We also discovered the ideal material to couple the air suspension pods to our Prologue Top Shelf.  Just this change in itself was a major breakthrough.  Together, the changes to the air pressure system  and the new coupling material result in a musical presentation that is truly phenomenal.  I never believed recorded music could sound this real.  In my opinion and the opinions of others who have heard the change, it is clearly a 30% to 50% improvement.  The sound is so real that it will leave you in a trance. It is jaw-droppingly good.  As one audiophile said, “this is a game-changer”. The results not only improve the sound, but the lower pressure will extend the life of the air chamber pods indefinitely.  If you are interested in playing LPs, I strongly recommend that you make an appointment to hear the new Proscenium Black Diamond III turntable.  If you already have a Proscenium Black Diamond turntable, contact us to find out how to upgrade your turntable to the Black Diamond III. “

The “clearly a 30% to 50% improvement”? That is great and it is all by lowering the pressure in of suspension. That is great and it took just 20 year to discover.  So, over the cause of the last 20 years the Proscenium TT did not perform well and did   50% worthier then it has to be juts because it was running at too high air pressure? I did not see the estimable users and reviewers of the Proscenium turntable complained that something was wrong.

There is another twist in the story that might escape attention of an ordinary observer. I personally never used Proscenium TT but I know a guy who has a lot of experience with it. Although he likes the sound of it but he reported that the TT I very much tend to change Sound with any slight modification of millions different parameters.  I am VERY much against of those types TT as I feel that a TT has to have a default sound that it impossible not to get. The resent Proscenium modification is juts prove my point as if TT was able to get 30% to 50% improvement juts by modifying suspension pressure then it is a faulty made TT to begin with.

Also, if TT is so much tweaky and change of one of the operational parameters do impact sound for 50% then what constitute “default” sound of a given model? Considering that most of the users and revisers are not familiar how to use TT  then it is highly possible that the very same Proscenium turntable has no optimism for own topology installations out there. If so, then the new model # III is nothing more then just a new marketing opportunity for the setting new appointments and to make one more round of sales attempts.

The Cat


"I wish I could score everything for horns." - Richard Wagner. "Our writing equipment takes part in the forming of our thoughts." - Friedrich Nietzsche
07-28-2011 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Paul S
San Diego, California, USA
Posts 2,157
Joined on 10-12-2006

Post #: 2
Post ID: 16727
Reply to: 16726
Valuable for Parts?
fiogf49gjkf0d
Yes, these and lots of other things Walker offer appear to be considerably more complicated, tweaky and vulnerable than they might be.  But you have to admit that the Super-Techno and variant Steam Punk themes turn up in a lot of the gear that sells for big dollars.  Who knows if the designers or the buyers are driving this trend?  Still, if this TT turns up on your doorstep, there's no sense in tossing it out; just mine it for parts.

For example: does Walker still use the machined lead platter for the "III"?  It used to have this made so the diameter was just narrow enough to clear inside the generally-thickened "rim" of an LP, so a "flat" LP would actually sit flat.  It also had a proprietary manual clamping system that did a pretty good job of coupling the LP directly to the (treated) lead platter.  I think these are all good ideas.  Unfortunately, this pretty much exhausts my ideas for salvagable parts from this marque.

Best regards,
Paul
07-29-2011 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Stitch


Behind The Sun
Posts 226
Joined on 01-15-2009

Post #: 3
Post ID: 16733
Reply to: 16726
Let's roll the dice...
fiogf49gjkf0d
 Romy the Cat wrote:

... Although he likes the sound of it but he reported that the TT I very much tend to change Sound with any slight modification of millions different parameters...The Cat

about its sonic quality...

That is a well known fact. Even Harry Pearson wrote about that lots of years ago and he refused to listen to it, because he never knew, is the table sonically stable today for a comparison / rating or not...or his Set up Man went crazy...

Some former Walker Owners compared it with a crap cheap Technics SP-10, sold the Walker and bought the SP-10 with a 14k plinth...

But now it is obvious they went away when 50% improvement is just based on air.

Strange world




Kind Regards
Stitch
07-30-2011 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Romy the Cat


Boston, MA
Posts 9,545
Joined on 05-27-2004

Post #: 4
Post ID: 16739
Reply to: 16733
Oh, yes the Harry Pearson as a bastion of integrity!
fiogf49gjkf0d
 Stitch wrote:
That is a well known fact. Even Harry Pearson wrote about that lots of years ago and he refused to listen to it, because he never knew, is the table sonically stable today for a comparison / rating or not...or his Set up Man went crazy...

Hm, I did not know about it and if it is true then credit would got to Harry Pearson. From a different perspective I never knew that Harry Pearson refuse to listen or review products based upon the products questionable of dubious performance. Over his career he had reviewed huge number of very bad products and made those products to see the lights of distribution. What I think most likely had happened was that the guy that run who runs Walker Audio did not  buy ads in Harry Pearson’s magazine, or refused to wash the Harry Pearson’s car, or demanded the payments for load products if the products were not returned immediately.  All those manufacturers when they juts begins try to demonstrative some integrity but afar a two years they begin to understand that it is much more profitable for them to suck dicks of the industry runners. Considering that many industry reviewers do use the Walker turntables and that the Walker TTs are “highly recommended” it is a good indication what kind sucking habits Mr. Walker is practicing….

The Cat


"I wish I could score everything for horns." - Richard Wagner. "Our writing equipment takes part in the forming of our thoughts." - Friedrich Nietzsche
12-11-2012 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
TheOptimist
Posts 3
Joined on 12-11-2012

Post #: 5
Post ID: 18797
Reply to: 16739
Since "sucking" has come up...
fiogf49gjkf0d
I've been reading these comments for years now, and it's getting pretty tired. So I think it's about time someone spoke up.

I've done some work with Mr. Walker, I know the guy, and most importantly, I've ACTUALLY HEARD HIS TURNTABLE. It is a sonic work of art. You CONSTANTLY bash it, but it's always "a guy you know" that has complaints about it. No firsthand experience. All talk. 

You claim the table is unstable. It's nothing of the kind - Google Walker Proscenium Reviews, check Audiogon, Audio Asylum, 6Moons, etc... it's a myth. And Harry Pearson? The reason he claims he won't review the 'table is because it "doesn't sound like anything - how can I review a 'table that doesn't have its own sound?" Lloyd's whole goal is to reproduce the recordings in a completely uncolored way. HP accidentally paid him the highest possible compliment.

Many industry reviewers use Walker turntables because they choose to. The manufacturer lets the reviewer borrow a component, and if the reviewer thinks it's the best, HE WANTS TO KEEP IT, so he continues to put his opinion of it in print. That's how the industry works. 

I'm going to try to ignore the personal attacks on Lloyd, because you ought to know better than to attack a man's integrity based on your own baseless opinions. I'm just going to say this:

Romy, you have no experience with the Walker Turntable. I doubt you've ever even heard it. As such, you should have no opinion on it. If you do, you've allowed "what you've heard", and God only knows from whom, to become your "expert" opinion. Perhaps you should try getting some experience with something BEFORE forming an opinion. You might just learn something.

12-12-2012 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Romy the Cat


Boston, MA
Posts 9,545
Joined on 05-27-2004

Post #: 6
Post ID: 18799
Reply to: 18797
Oh, God! When idiots stop to post at my site?!
fiogf49gjkf0d

 TheOptimist wrote:
I've been reading these comments for years now, and it's getting pretty tired. So I think it's about time someone spoke up.

I've done some work with Mr. Walker, I know the guy, and most importantly, I've ACTUALLY HEARD HIS TURNTABLE. It is a sonic work of art. You CONSTANTLY bash it, but it's always "a guy you know" that has complaints about it. No firsthand experience. All talk.

You claim the table is unstable. It's nothing of the kind - Google Walker Proscenium Reviews, check Audiogon, Audio Asylum, 6Moons, etc... it's a myth. And Harry Pearson? The reason he claims he won't review the 'table is because it "doesn't sound like anything - how can I review a 'table that doesn't have its own sound?" Lloyd's whole goal is to reproduce the recordings in a completely uncolored way. HP accidentally paid him the highest possible compliment.

Many industry reviewers use Walker turntables because they choose to. The manufacturer lets the reviewer borrow a component, and if the reviewer thinks it's the best, HE WANTS TO KEEP IT, so he continues to put his opinion of it in print. That's how the industry works.

I'm going to try to ignore the personal attacks on Lloyd, because you ought to know better than to attack a man's integrity based on your own baseless opinions. I'm just going to say this:

Romy, you have no experience with the Walker Turntable. I doubt you've ever even heard it. As such, you should have no opinion on it. If you do, you've allowed "what you've heard", and God only knows from whom, to become your "expert" opinion. Perhaps you should try getting some experience with something BEFORE forming an opinion. You might just learn something.


I wonder what makes you to believe that never heard Walker turntable? On another side: what make you to believe that you ever understood what I was taking above?

 Your are an simpleton who is willing to run across web and patronize this or that product. I wonder what interest you have to change my opinion about TTs? People get TT in order to build certain sound in their own rooms. You have your Walker or whatever TT you have, you happy with it - great, use it and shut up. No one interest to hear your voice unless you talk on the matter of subject. I did express very clear and very SPECIFIC things that I disagree with Walker turntable and your pop up at this  site assuring me that you sucked MR. Walker’s dick and therefore his TT shall be piece of art. Do you think, considering your reasoning, I have any interest in your opinion? A person who advise me to use the Audiogon’s, Audio Asylum’s, 6Moons’ garbage as reference for my judgment is an idiot. Please go to the above mentioned sites and spray there your wisdom there, they have a lot of audio-retards like you and I am sure that you will be well received in there.

In the end: stick your denial or my credibility into your own ass. Over the years observing the audio crowd I recognized that for whatever reason an incredible amount of worthless audio idiots use Walker turntable and you are no exeption. I certainly do not feel that any person who use Walker turntable is an idiot but too many uncontestable idiots are clustered around this turntable, go figure why?...

My response is intentionally harsh, I do apologies for it on personal level but I also hope it will turn you off to post any of your adolescent BS at this site as I have no interest to waste my time debation or even considering  your opinion.

Romy the Cat


"I wish I could score everything for horns." - Richard Wagner. "Our writing equipment takes part in the forming of our thoughts." - Friedrich Nietzsche
12-12-2012 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
TheOptimist
Posts 3
Joined on 12-11-2012

Post #: 7
Post ID: 18800
Reply to: 18799
So, you can yell. That's nice.
fiogf49gjkf0d
Romy, you ought to take your own advice. 

"You have whatever TT you have. Use it and shut up."

I didn't start the discussion. You were clearly incensed about Mr. Walker's discussion of percentages. That led you to attack him personally, and to say his 'table is tweaky and unstable. It is not. You can disagree with the engineering decisions on a theoretical level, but if you ever heard it, you wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. Which leads me back to the question:

Romy, have you heard the 'table or not? And do you have the integrity to honestly answer the question?

You can call me a worthless idiot, you can get loud and angry, but it doesn't change the fact the the Walker is one of the most highly regarded turntables on the planet, and there's a reason. That reason is the way it SOUNDS. I know what the 'table sounds like, and I know why. You assume I'm an "uncontestable idiot"... why is that?

So, I'll ask again. Have you heard the Walker? If you have, what were your complaints? Or you can simply scream and yell and carry on as you have, and accuse ME of posting "adolescent BS". Whichever you'd prefer.

12-13-2012 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Romy the Cat


Boston, MA
Posts 9,545
Joined on 05-27-2004

Post #: 8
Post ID: 18803
Reply to: 18800
Sure, sure…
fiogf49gjkf0d
Sorry, you are a simplistic fool and I do not waste my time to educate another self-appointed industry’s Tampax tampon.
 


"I wish I could score everything for horns." - Richard Wagner. "Our writing equipment takes part in the forming of our thoughts." - Friedrich Nietzsche
12-13-2012 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Stitch


Behind The Sun
Posts 226
Joined on 01-15-2009

Post #: 9
Post ID: 18804
Reply to: 18797
Fanboys ....
fiogf49gjkf0d
 TheOptimist wrote:

I've done some work with Mr. xyz, I know the guy, and most importantly, I've ACTUALLY HEARD HIS TURNTABLE. It is a sonic work of art. You CONSTANTLY bash it, but it's always "a guy you know" that has complaints about it. No firsthand experience. All talk. 

That kind of argument from a client / customer / friend / product owner is totally useful. You will find it for a lot of Products ... even the worst ones have exactly these kind of Fanboys. I don't care about them, but most I know of them are totally - and I really mean it, totally - deaf and completely unable to discover what is responsible for what and what the result from the "critic" is.
 TheOptimist wrote:

 Many industry reviewers use Walker turntables because they choose to. The manufacturer lets the reviewer borrow a component, and if the reviewer thinks it's the best, HE WANTS TO KEEP IT, so he continues to put his opinion of it in print. That's how the industry works. 

The Industry sales have their own rules. My friend, being stupid and showing that to the rest of the world is ok, each his own, but when you know so much, enlighten us with the information about the pricing they paid. I mean, really cash down, not mixed with "I give you that and you give me this" or "I write positive reviews for this and that" or "You can pay the advertisements with your Turntabe and we will list it in our Reference / Reviewers Components Listing or whatever ... We know there is a lot more than Dealers Price, Reviewers Price ....
 TheOptimist wrote:

I'm going to try to ignore the personal attacks on Lloyd, because you ought to know better than to attack a man's integrity based on your own baseless opinions

Let's face the truth, all manufacturers are lovely, honest, friends, don't sleep for the search of the hidden details of music reproduction or whatever, but we rate products or write opinions about them. Not all share them, that is normal and I really like your Post. It is so sensitive, I was whining while reading. The world is soooo good, all is made for the love of music. Thank you so much for sharing that.   
 TheOptimist wrote:

 I doubt you've ever even heard it. As such, you should have no opinion on it.

This kind of "argument" we read all the time. It is as useless as a review from one of the deaf-corrupt idiots we all know (not all, you don't obviously)Some time ago I had a conversation with Peter Breuninger (Professional Reviewer, Founder of Audio Society and whatever) and I asked him "Peter, you are so experienced, you have listened to so much expensive units ...after so many years you will be able to hear differences? Some Designers are a bit more clever than others, when you hear that you will automatically ask yourself, what do the others wrong? The Forums are full from owners who had this and that and they know exactly why this or that is better than the previous unit...."He wrote, he never had a unit for review he didn't like.That is imo the only way to survive that "business" :-)
 TheOptimist wrote:

 Perhaps you should try getting some experience with something BEFORE forming an opinion. You might just learn something.

That is very good. I think, Romy will think about that seriously. I had conversation with Albert Porter, a long time Promoter and owner from this table (and of course Dealer)...he wrote me a few things which will be new for YOU but not for me / us / others. More or less he confirmed. Did he learn?Don't know. But he sold it.
So, for me it is ok, when you are a Fan of a Manufacturer and Product owner, but I am afraid Romys advice to suck someone's dick is his own Philosophy to describe Product Placements.
Anyway, Merry Pre-Christmas :-)


Kind Regards
Stitch
12-13-2012 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Romy the Cat


Boston, MA
Posts 9,545
Joined on 05-27-2004

Post #: 10
Post ID: 18806
Reply to: 18804
This is all very emblematic for audio herd.
fiogf49gjkf0d
Stitch, you see, the presence of that unintelligent audio glitter  that run across web sites and drool saliva about that or this product is very unfortunate thing that actually makes very hard for  sensible audio people to get any more or less relevant information.  Fortunately it is very simple to distinct people who express appreciation toward this or that audio product from the people who just willing to run mouth about anything as long as they feel an idiotic sense of unity with anther, similar to themselves, lost in audio cretins.  The fool above is very demonstrable. Interesting that they very much like  to  make themselves to “feel” that the person who express critiques is completely ignorant about the subject of critiques. Some of those idiots go very far in this. I remember when Magico years back made their first monitor I was one of very few who expressed very sharp cretinism about the sound of that thing.  It was facilitated for me to have an audition of the Magico monitor under a phenomenal conditions, at one of the first Magico dealer. As soon I found and express very specific and very pointed aspects of cretinism about that Magico monitor the Magico owner immediately run to web and claimed that I never hear the Magico and the listening session never took place. Why do you this I hate that ugly Israeli motherfucker? I can give you many examples like this  and what also is interesting that so far, despite the year of my public exposure online not one was able to point out a moment what I made any comments groundlessly or without reasons.

BTW, your Albert Porter, is very much in the same league as the Moron above. I had a number of event around his what he demonstrate from zero integrity to adulterating lie that he made public.

Rgs,
The Cat


"I wish I could score everything for horns." - Richard Wagner. "Our writing equipment takes part in the forming of our thoughts." - Friedrich Nietzsche
12-13-2012 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
decoud
United Kingdom
Posts 241
Joined on 03-01-2008

Post #: 11
Post ID: 18809
Reply to: 18806
Contrast with musical instruments
fiogf49gjkf0d
It is strange, isn't it, that there is so much more consensus on the relative qualities of different makes of musical instrument, and even where there is not no great drama surrounds  their discussion. i wonder why that is, perhaps because most audio people are not remotely musical?
12-13-2012 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
N-set
Gdansk, Poland
Posts 454
Joined on 01-07-2006

Post #: 12
Post ID: 18810
Reply to: 18804
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone
fiogf49gjkf0d
No, Stitch-Syntax-Thomas? You pose here such an innocent bird but
there are some disturbing questions left unanswered on a-gone(tm), whatsbest etc, re
you, daniel brakemeier-dertonarm and his products...
i did have a glimpse of you work...

(disclaimer: i have nothing to do with this idiot called TheOptimist, nor with the TT he tries to promote)



Cheers,
Jarek
12-13-2012 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Stitch


Behind The Sun
Posts 226
Joined on 01-15-2009

Post #: 13
Post ID: 18811
Reply to: 18810
The clever guys ...
fiogf49gjkf0d
..who think they know something without knowing any details...Well, N-Set, I don't think there are is something disturbing except your brainless existence in audiophile Terms on this Planet. Any conversation with your limited ability to understand anything is just a waste of time. And deep in your heart you know that. 



Kind Regards
Stitch
12-13-2012 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
N-set
Gdansk, Poland
Posts 454
Joined on 01-07-2006

Post #: 14
Post ID: 18813
Reply to: 18811
Mmmmmrrrr......
fiogf49gjkf0d
Smile


Cheers,
Jarek
12-13-2012 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
TheOptimist
Posts 3
Joined on 12-11-2012

Post #: 15
Post ID: 18814
Reply to: 18803
Question answered.
fiogf49gjkf0d
Thank you, Romy. You've given me all the information I needed.

You've not heard the 'table. Your only recourse is banal, insipid personal attack. You surround yourself with the like-minded, as is entirely your right, and it's your website, so more power to you all.

I just wanted to know if someone with a legitimate gripe about the Walker turntable was posting from a place of actual knowledge. Clearly, you are not such a person, and that would be clear to anyone who casually came across this thread. As such, I've no reason to continue in the discussion any further. The only harm you do is to yourself, those ignorant enough to believe you have anything of value to offer, and of course the english language (which is, at your hands, the victim of immeasurable violence). 

Have a lovely holiday season, everyone!
12-13-2012 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Romy the Cat


Boston, MA
Posts 9,545
Joined on 05-27-2004

Post #: 16
Post ID: 18815
Reply to: 18814
Oh, not again.
fiogf49gjkf0d
No, idiot. 
You are wrong again. You are too stupid even understendq if I heard the TT and how many times. the sad fact is that am very convinced that I hear the TT many years before you even learn about it existence. However it all absolutly irrelevant become even if you have the TT in your posession  and hear it dally than you are still too incabable to understendq anything about it's sound... Become you are idiot. That was exactly that TT , and the hole literature about it, was sold to you. Go away and die with you little pathetic secret.


"I wish I could score everything for horns." - Richard Wagner. "Our writing equipment takes part in the forming of our thoughts." - Friedrich Nietzsche
12-14-2012 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
RonyWeissman
Lyon, France
Posts 138
Joined on 05-29-2004

Post #: 17
Post ID: 18817
Reply to: 18814
Walker sound
fiogf49gjkf0d
I heard this TT, it was magnificent, almost no coloration to speak of, dead dead quiet. Of course it wasn't plugged in and there was no tonearm or cartridge yet but man I loved the sound! 
Really whatnthe hell is everyone screaming about ? Romy mentioned that walker changed the air pressure and suddenly his Uber-expensive TT is 50 % better than the old  model and all that for the same price. It's just a poke at audio idiocy and really not a comment at all about the TT!
Happy chanukah,
R weissman
12-14-2012 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Romy the Cat


Boston, MA
Posts 9,545
Joined on 05-27-2004

Post #: 18
Post ID: 18818
Reply to: 18817
There is no such a thing as Walker sound.
fiogf49gjkf0d

 RonyWeissman wrote:
I heard this TT, it was magnificent, almost no coloration to speak of, dead dead quiet. Of course it wasn't plugged in and there was no tonearm or cartridge yet but man I loved the sound!
Really whatnthe hell is everyone screaming about ? Romy mentioned that walker changed the air pressure and suddenly his Uber-expensive TT is 50 % better than the old  model and all that for the same price. It's just a poke at audio idiocy and really not a comment at all about the TT!

Yes, Rony, I do not remember I ever spoke about sound of Walker’s turntables. I have no reasons to do it. I heard the TT in very many occasions and I had an intimate conversation with two long-times Walker users, not the internet salivatetors like the idiot above in the thread but truly thoughtful audio users. I do not think that my experience of listening the TT qualifies me to make any judgment about the TT. You see what you hear a complete setup then no matter how experienced you are it is imposable to recognize in the whole sound what was specifically contributed by TT and what come from zillion other things. It is possible to do if you begin to play with that system, do some modification and to see how the playback reacts to it.  However, even then there is a lot of complexity evolved in order to make definitive judgment. Average audio reviewing never go to the depth of that complexity, ironically the professional audio reviewing usually even more shallow then armature one.

I did hear setups with Walker’s turntables that were more or less interesting and I heard installations that were disgusting.  What it Walker’s fault or glory? I have no idea. However, the problem that I see is that the system owner were completely unconscious about positive or negative moments of own sound. It was very disturbing.

Walker’s turntable is not other turntables. If you have EMT-927, Micro 5000, larger Clearaudio or some of the Thorens then you clearly hear the sound of TT. You can put them in some kind of capable setup and if you know what you do then you can reach the final sound beyond witch you can’t go further as it will be limited by the sound of that TT. That I would call the Turntable Sound.  Walker does not have that fixed Turntable Sound but instead it has million ways to make that TT to sound like anything and it hardly very predictable as the combination of actions and adjustments you do over Walker will give to you  different result. That is in my view an absolutely faulty approach to design TT as the TT does not demonstrate a stable sound producing platform.

If you drive a car than you would like to know all time that turning wheel to certain angle you move your specific vehicle to very specific location on road. If you have that feeling than you can build up your driving techniques upon that fixed feeling how your steering system works. However, how will you feel and how will you develop you driving skills if the wheel will have different angle-to-turn ratio and different power steering efforts depends of the tire pressure, road condition, temperature of engine, day light, proximity to Chanukah, type of the sandwich you ate this morning, presence of other cars on the road, age of oil in engine, type of gasoline in the tank, frequency of radio station you are playing in your car… That exactly what I am very much opposed and would consider that such a car has fundamentally faulty design, even if was driven by Harry Pearson or by any other pimps who are famous to drum up idiots to buy audio.

I do not claim that Walker can’t produce a very good sound. I personally do not know and I do not trust to expertise and efforts of people out there who use Walkers.  The most important is that I do not trust their honesty and integrity. Most of them are like this idiot “TheOptimist” who run and scream about the best TT on planet without even understanding the essence of the subject.

BTW, I would like to note one more thing.  Above I mentioned Micro 5000 but not the Micro 8000. Micro 8000 from the perspective of sound stability is not as fixed as 5000 and it has some parameters that might be adjusted that will make it to demonstrate slightly different sound. I do not like it as well. However, I use my TT for my own gratification; I know how to use it, I now the sound I am getting and I am well informed about the consequences of my actions with that TT. I might discuss the ways to get different sound from Walkers, Micros or any other TT but it has to be with the people who are sensible not the people similar to the idiot above who converted my very specific criticism to alleged personal attacks toward Mr. Walker or my alleged ignorance with given TT. In the end of it I know very much what is behind the motivations of “TheOptimist” and the rest of similar to him. I do not care, respect or even consider their position/view and recognize their stamens as a fart in ocean.

Rgs,
Romy the Cat


"I wish I could score everything for horns." - Richard Wagner. "Our writing equipment takes part in the forming of our thoughts." - Friedrich Nietzsche
12-14-2012 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
haralanov


Bulgaria
Posts 130
Joined on 05-20-2008

Post #: 19
Post ID: 18819
Reply to: 18818
...
fiogf49gjkf0d
 Romy the Cat wrote:
If you drive a car than you would like to know all time that turning wheel to certain angle you move your specific vehicle to very specific location on road. If you have that feeling than you can build up your driving techniques upon that fixed feeling how your steering system works. However, how will you feel and how will you develop you driving skills if the wheel will have different angle-to-turn ratio and different power steering efforts depends of the tire pressure, road condition, temperature of engine, day light, proximity to Chanukah, type of the sandwich you ate this morning, presence of other cars on the road, age of oil in engine, type of gasoline in the tank, frequency of radio station you are playing in your car… That exactly what I am very much opposed

Very good example!
 
 Romy the Cat wrote:
I personally do not know and I do not trust to expertise and efforts of people out there who use Walkers.  The most important is that I do not trust their honesty and integrity. Most of them are like this idiot “TheOptimist” who run and scream about the best TT on planet without even understanding the essence of the subject.

This is also the case with the Bulgarian distributor of Walker – he is 1:1 with “TheOptimist”.


"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." -A.E.
12-14-2012 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Romy the Cat


Boston, MA
Posts 9,545
Joined on 05-27-2004

Post #: 20
Post ID: 18821
Reply to: 18819
Yes
fiogf49gjkf0d
 haralanov wrote:
This is also the case with the Bulgarian distributor of Walker – he is 1:1 with “TheOptimist”.
Well, this is not the case only with Bulgarian distributor  but this is the case with we ritually ANY industry reseller. They do not sell any products or actual results but they just damp on people a bunch or irrelevant and mostly fictional literature. Ironically it is not necessarily fault of the products that are being sold or promoted but that is just the verification that the person who sell or promotes is an idiot.


"I wish I could score everything for horns." - Richard Wagner. "Our writing equipment takes part in the forming of our thoughts." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) Select Pages:  1 2 »
Home Page  |  Last 24Hours  | Search  |  SiteMap  | Questions or Problems | Copyright Note
The content of all messages within the Forums Copyright © by authors of the posts